Sunday, March 16, 2008

London - Part 8


Sunday afternoon and evening we hung out with one of my best friends from college, Marianne, and her longtime boyfriend, Daniel. They came all the way down from Scotland to visit. We went to Covent Gardens where I bought chocolates to take back to work (alas they ended up soaked and icky in my bag that sat on the rainy runway at Gatwick before showing up two days late in Cincinnati...) and then to the South Bank for dinner and walking-around-fun.



















After dinner we walked back across the Thames, took the subway back towards are respective hotels, and ended the evening with a night cap at a local pub.

Here we are outside my hotel Sunday. The pub closed before 11pm, so it wasn't too late. I've been home for about six days; can I go back yet??? Ok, maybe not. But it was wonderful having this brief change in routine and break from reality.

No comments: