Thursday, June 12, 2008

Why I couldn't work behind a computer all day

Sudoku addicts halt drug trial:

Sydney District Court Judge Peter Zahra cancelled the trial of two men on drugs conspiracy charges after the jury foreperson admitted that four to five jurors had been playing the addictive number sequence game, local media reported. The judge was alerted after some of the jurors were observed writing their notes vertically, rather than horizontally.


The jury members claimed that it helped them pay attention. Sure it did.

I remember constantly doodling when I was in school. But I didn't draw cartoon characters or scenes. Instead I drew tight spirals, zooming closer and farther away. I drew 3d boxes and lines converging and diverging. Doodling didn't help me pay attention to the teacher, but it sure did help keep me from falling asleep!

2 comments:

boneman said...

Yes'm.
I used to make crosswords on my notebook.
Of course, most came out looking like scrabble games more than crosswords and, to this day, I wonder what class that was....

boneman said...

It's not easy moving to a new blog, but, that's what I'm doing.
The 'Grabbing the Bull' blog is going to be a political thing until November, and then I'm shutting it down.

It's hard to do because i have to move all the addresses to the new blog one at a time, so, here's the deal.

If you don't agree with the political stand I'm making and don't want your name attached to it, c'mon by and tell me and I'll give it priority treatment.
(if you don't mind being there, or even want to contribute, tell me that, too, and I'll leave it for the duration.

In any case, the new address is at the top of the sidebar.