Monday, November 22, 2010

Quick note

There's been a dearth of posts, lately. But in a couple weeks, my writing group is having a "public readaround" in which we share with the rest of the class--as well as invited guests--what we've been working on all term. I've alternated between revising a short story I wrote in August and sharing my longer will-be novel (my short story is 3900 words while I only have about 5000 in the longer piece). In my small group, I have received the perfect balance of praise and criticism; enough encouragement to keep going as well as specific points I can improve or clarify.

Also, I have survived my first week in the suburbs. So far so good.

2 comments:

Aki Mori said...

Wonderful to hear from you! Can't wait to read the post where you admit that you actually enjoy the suburbs! :-)

August said...

Ha. I'm not ready to write that post yet, but I'm sure it'll come ;)