Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Now Playing...

I've been listening to a lot of indie rock/alternative bands lately: The National, Arcade Fire, Band of Horses, and The Decemberists to name a few. Great melodies, interesting lyrics, usually peppy enough not to put me to sleep. But British singer Adele is a one-woman powerhouse. Her new album "21" (named for her age when she wrote the songs; her first album was "19") shows off her tremendous vocals and songwriting talent. While the song that's getting radio play, "Rolling in the Deep," is catchy and interesting, my favorite from the album is "Someone Like You."

3 comments:

george rede said...

Great voice. Good choice in sharing this song. Haven't heard as much of "21" as "19" but looking forward to becoming more familiar with it.

Aki Mori said...

Tried our library system for her music just now. There are 18 copies circulating throughout the system, but a waiting list of over 200! (darn!)

August said...

Hope you enjoy it, George! Aki, such a long waiting list! Ours was about the same, I guess, but I think we have more copies. My wait wasn't *too* long for it.