Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Odds and Ends

Insecurity can be quite the barrier. Lately I've felt like I don't have anything interesting or unique to offer on any subject. I feel insular.

It's November 30, the last day of NaNoWriMo, NaBloPoMo, and my own made-up NaNoFiMo. I'm 6000 words shy of my goal, but I offer the following excuses: working extra hours; celebrating Thanksgiving (so much turkey and football!); and feeling insecure about these final chapters.

Still, I'm ahead of schedule for my original goal of finishing in 2011. Even better, today's not over. Maybe I can knock out a thousand words.

By the way, my library has a contest each week. We write the first line of a book on a white board at the front desk, and if patrons identify the source material, we give them a cool bookmark. I've made a blog chronicling the ones we've done so far (I still have to publish fifteen or so): firstlinecontest.blogspot.com. Check it out and let me know if you have any suggestions!

1 comment:

george rede said...

I was wondering how you were doing on NaNoFiMo. With all those perfectly valid interruptions (they're not excuses; no way), it's understandable that you'd still be chipping away. Good to know you're still ahead of schedule for finishing this year. Now that December has arrived, envision a strong wind at your back pushing you toward the finish line.