Thursday, October 8, 2009

"The important thing is not to stop questioning"

~ Albert Einstein

My MFA plans are on the back seat of my car next to the blanket that I sat on in August for an outdoor performance of "Romeo and Juliet." I think there are a couple coffee mugs, too, and google map directions to places I've already visited. I'm going to take care of all of things - make plans, bring the blanket and mugs inside, and throw away the directions - but not right now.

I'm certainly not putting anything off; I still have the same dates in mind. But between getting through the end of the quarter and planning for the trip, I can't concentrate on it. I don't know where I'm going to go, what I'm going to submit, or whether I'll have to take any kind of GRE. All those questions and answers are on the back seat.

Anyway. My questioning. It's not going to stop, of course, but sometimes it's better NOT to question everything. Enjoy the road.

No comments: