Thursday, January 19, 2012

Lucky Girl

Some days I feel bowled over by just how lucky I am. I'm healthy, I have a job that I enjoy and an outside interest (writing) that I love; I have family and friends I love, and a boyfriend who can make me laugh like no one else can.

A lot of things about our society angers and frustrates me--injustice and inequality abound--but when I step back I'm reminded that things aren't all bad. And yesterday, with their offices flooded with phone calls as well as the protests across the web, from google to Wikipedia to reddit, we saw Senators and Congresspeople retreat from positions they were heavily lobbied to take. I hope this is a sign of the future: the voices of many becoming more powerful than the money of few.

I'd been afraid that writing a post a day would be difficult, but on the contrary it's been great forcing myself to sit and write for 10-30 minutes each day, regardless of when I work or what I have to say. Have a great Thursday!

No comments: