Monday, November 23, 2009

"Dream More than Others Think Practical"

~ Howard Schultz

Warren Wilson's MFA program looks promising, at least as far as their course design and faculty are concerned. I need to schedule a visit. Tour the campus, talk to teachers. The interesting part about starting this journey later (as opposed to right after undergrad) is that I'm more concerned with finding a program that fits me and my needs, rather than fitting myself to a program.

So far, I haven't found an advertised technology component to these programs. Sure, much of the coursework is done online, and most of the resources will be on the internet, but I want more information about publishing in this new-media environment. How does one make money on the written word, when there's so much writing available for free? It's already impractical enough for me to consider going further into debt...

...Then again, I'm hardly on the look out for "practical." I want to go on sabbatical, simplify. Not have the money to buy yet another pair of brown boots. I want to use and demonstrate my resourcefulness, financially, emotionally, and intellectually.

I got up at 6 this morning to finish grading papers. I think I'm all finished. Out of 37 papers, a few really stood out. My favorite was about a parrot named "Sinbad."

Ashville, NC

1 comment:

JackHarry said...

Hey,

Hey buddy,

I have gone through your content and they are really awesome, your stuff is just rocking on the internet, keep doing this work!!

I am jack harry and I also have a dream about earning money.

Recent, I have started my business at home. And collecting funds for this business through my car.

How??

if you have a car or any vehicle you can get Commercial Title Loans easily.