Thursday, November 26, 2009

Good intentions

Okay, I'm working on a story. My protagonist is a little creepy, but his intentions are good. I've had the basic plot sketched out for quite some time; what better time to start fleshing it out than Thanksgiving morning?

I love that moment when an idea turns into sentences and characters and dialog, and before long, those characters are telling me what to write or how they should behave. That doesn't mean those sentences are any good or that the characters are engaging, only that it's pretty cool that they have their own power.

Here's a picture of my brother Jonah, from last Thanksgiving. I forgot how unseasonably warm it had been last year, too.

1 comment:

Ecocandle said...

Holden Caulfield was a little bit creepy too, and it worked out for J.D. Salinger. I am thankful it did too.