Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Losing Words

In the past few days, I've lost over twelve-hundred words. This pains me, because I'm such a slow writer. A single paragraph is a small victory; a page, a large one.

I realized I had to combine two chapters and, in doing so, erase about four pages. Those words are cut and pasted into another word document, but for now they don't exist and probably won't exist in this book or future books.

* le sigh *

On a brighter note, I had a great birthday. Friday I went out to a movie with my mom, and that night to a Japanese restaurant with a bunch of my friends. Sunday I went over to my grandma's and had lunch with her, my dad and brothers. And the best news of the day, after months of searching and going on interviews, my brother got a job! It's full-time, with benefits! He'd been one of those long-term unemployed after losing his job at the airport early in 2010. Very happy for him.

3 comments:

Tonja said...

I mourn your lost words with you. Maybe print them off and hang the pages on the wall so they won't feel so lost? I have literally lost chapters (not by choice)- I'm still hoping they will come out of hiding soon.

Tonja said...

Hi. I gave you an award. :)

Arlee Bird said...

A belated happy birthday and congratulations to your brother's finding a job--I know how it is having been unemployed for 2 years now with nothing in sight yet.

And even in losing words, it sounds like you are still making progress. Keep at it and you'll make it just fine.

Lee
Tossing It Out