Saturday, July 25, 2009

Last Night's Five After Five (7/24/09)

I found myself passing on a lot of food yesterday: wrong textures, wrong flavors, wrong animals.

Station 1
  • Primobacio Moscato d'Asti - this sparkling white wine was probably my favorite of the night, although it was rather sweet.
  • Smoked Plum Soup - I passed. The others couldn't decided if they hated it or liked it.
Station 2
  • Barone Fini Pinot Grigio - I enjoyed this white also. It wasn't as sweet as most Pinot Grigios.
  • Grilled Caprese Skewer - Cheese, onion, tomato on a stick: I ate the cheese but wasn't too impressed. The others liked it though.
Station 3
  • Torres Corones - A light red from Spain.
  • Shrimp & Olive Tapenade - these got thumbs up, but I skipped.
Station 4
  • Geyser Peak Cabernet - This was a richer red from California
  • Gyro Sliders - I nibbled around the edges of this ground lamb in a hot dog bun.
Station 5
  • Bonterra Rose - this was a little light for a final station, but it had an appealing taste.
  • Fromage a Trois: Vella Dry Jack, Montasio, & Estivo - all winners.
Afterwards, dinner at J. Alexanders, where I ate some delicious macaroni and cheese and drank Great Lakes beer.

No comments: