Saturday, July 4, 2009

Mainly Rain

This July looks to be a strange month. At this moment, my mom is on a plane to Spain, my dad is in New Mexico, and my brother is in Montana. In a couple weeks (provided we're able to get a seat this time), my other brother and I will be in France. We're a close but quiet family, and we've benefited from growing up in one place.

Yesterday was another Friday; our numbers were down because of the holiday weekend, but Five after Five is always destined to succeed because it ends with great cheese and then coffee and dessert. If I find my menu, I'll edit it in.

A wedding tonight. Despite my misgivings (discomfort?) about marriage as an institution, I couldn't be happier for my friends who are marrying. My fingers and toes are crossed that the rain isn't as bad as the forecasters suggest.

No comments: