Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Quick hits

I can hardly believe there are only four days left in February. I've had neither the time nor inclination to write lately, but this should pass soon. I have an inbox full of articles that I've sent to myself for one reason or another; the Jobs bill passed with bipartisan support last night; and later this week is a health care summit that's sure to be great political theater.

  • My dad leaves next Monday. He just got here! Nana says it was God's gift that he was home during snomageddon.
  • Class is going fine - we missed a couple Tuesdays for the snopocolypse, but since we meet twice a week, we've been able to compensate.
  • I've been watching a lot of Olympics. I'm as rah-rah unpatriotic as they come--I love my country, appreciate my freedoms, but I get unsettled when I hear "God bless the USA," and think, "Why are we so special? What about everyone else?"--but I've really enjoyed seeing the Americans win gold medals. From Shani Davis to Lindsay Vonn to Evan Lysacek and Shawn White, I hope we crush the Germans and the Canadians in the medal count!

No comments: