Sunday, April 12, 2009

Importance of Childhood Memories - II


Every Easter until a few years ago, my grandmother put out the "Money Tree." She took a small tree (or maybe it was a small branch), nestled it in a pot, and then decorated it with colorful plastic Easter Eggs. Inside each egg she put one, two, or three quarters, and in a few eggs she hid dollar bills.  My brothers and I took turns selecting an egg, opening it, and hoping for a dollar. By the end, we each had somewhere in the range of $4.75 - $7.50. 

Now we get cards with $20 bills inside. More money, less fun.

(This is me, hoping for a dollar; this is probably about thirteen years ago, the last year we did it. I've since learned that "money trees" aren't typical Easter fare).

2 comments:

Olive Tree said...

Hi, it's a very great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
Keep doing!

Ecocandle said...

That was a wonderful little story.