Saturday, August 15, 2009

"When the Exxon Valdez spilled in 1989, I was angry. I even wrote on the back of my car, Boycott Exxon!"

~ Alexandra Paul

The Reds game was a complete success: not only did we have wonderful seats on the third base line, seven rows back, but the Reds also won. The crowd was sparse (only 16,000 or so on a beautiful Thursday evening), but blame that on the team's dreadful record. None of us brought a glove, so any time a ball appeared foul, I put myself in a defensive position.

Last night, we skipped five after five in protest. I think our boycott will end next week; while I disagree with the CEO's comments, he's at least putting forward ideas. And I ask myself, "What would Obama do?" Obama would probably invite him to five after five and have a conversation.

No comments: