Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Running with Cheetahs

This past Sunday, I joined more than a thousand others for the 31st Cheetah Run (I write about last year's experience here). Hard-core marathoners, moms and dads with strollers, and occasional joggers (that's my category) sprinted through and around the Cincinnati Zoo. I came in 578th out of 911 females (the results were divided by gender).

In other news, my 95-year-old grandfather is recovering from a fall. He's out of the hospital and into a rehab facility, the same one my aunt stayed in for a month after her near-death experience last Christmas. For various reasons, he's been taking care of her--his daughter--for the past few years. With the positions reversed, if only temporarily, I wonder how this will affect each of them.

It looks like a beautiful day outside. I think I'll pick out some comfortable shoes and walk to work.

No comments: