Saturday, September 4, 2010

Summer Vacation

This too shall pass. Of course. It always does. Stripped of my position as "Teacher"--or, more accurately, now that I've relinquished my title of "Teacher"--I'm struggling. Mood-wise, I'm fine. Happy as a clam. Friends are awesome. Family's awesome. But the future, near-term and long-term, is fuzzy. I feel listless.

Maybe it's like that first month of summer vacation. You know, all school year you're working your studying you're constantly accountable to others. You have all these ideas of what you'll do when school ends and your responsibilities shrink. But then, absent the regiment of alarm clocks and classes, you drift for a few weeks. Decompress? Then, after a month or so, bored of doing nothing, you find a new rhythm. Set goals; meet goals. So... my excuse is that I'm in that decompression period.

And I'm starting to feel the disillusionment about the democratic party and the administration that I bet progressives have been experiencing for a while. I don't like that feeling. I don't want to write about it either!

Of course, there's also that anxiety about my savings drying up while I figure out how to make writing a central part of my life. Whine, whine. If this were a tweet, it would include the hash tag #firstworldproblem.

No comments: